Laboratory Manual for Exercise Physiology, Second Edition With Web Study Guide, provides guided opportunities for students to translate their scientific understanding of exercise physiology into practical applications in a variety of settings. Written by experts G. Gregory Haff and Charles Dumke, the text builds upon the success of the first edition with full-color images and the addition of several new interactive lab activities in the web study guide.
The revitalized second edition comprises 16 laboratory chapters that offer a total of 49 lab activities. Each laboratory chapter provides a complete lesson, including objectives, definitions of key terms, and background information that sets the stage for learning. Each lab activity supplies step-by-step procedures, providing guidance for those new to lab settings so that they may complete the procedures. New features in this edition include the following:
• An updated web study guide that contains 10 interactive lab activities to enhance student learning, including video that helps simulate the experience of performing the labs in the real world
• A completely new laboratory chapter on high-intensity fitness training that includes several popular intermittent fitness tests that students can learn to perform and interpret
• An appendix that helps estimate the oxygen cost of walking, running, and cycling
• Full-color printing throughout
In addition, Laboratory Manual for Exercise Physiology, Second Edition, is thoroughly updated, offering the following:
• New research and information pertaining to each laboratory topic
• Current standards and norms
• Case studies to illuminate laboratory concepts
• Answers to the case studies to facilitate student learning
• Question sets to help students better understand laboratory concepts
• A lab activity finder that makes it easy to locate specific tests
The web study guide for students provides lab activities with an enhanced learning experience. Through this portal, students and instructors can access electronic versions of individual data sheets, group data sheets, question sets, case studies and their answers, and 10 interactive lab activities. Instructors also receive access to an image bank, which includes most of the figures, tables, and photos from the book.
Organized in a logical progression, the text builds upon the knowledge students acquire as they advance. Furthermore, the text provides multiple lab activities and includes an equipment list at the beginning of each activity, allowing instructors flexibility in choosing the lab activities that will best work in their facility.
Laboratory Manual for Exercise Physiology, Second Edition With Web Study Guide, exposes students to a broad expanse of tests that are typically performed in an exercise physiology lab and that can be applied to a variety of professional settings. As such, the text serves as a high-quality resource for basic laboratory testing procedures used in assessing human performance, health, and wellness.