Lean In for Graduates
The perfect graduation gift: the iconic #1 best seller, expanded and updated exclusively for graduates entering the workforce
This extraordinary edition of Lean In includes a letter to graduates and six additional chapters from experts offering advice on finding and getting the most out of a first job; résumé writing; best interviewing practices; negotiating your salary; listening to your inner voice; owning who you are; and leaning in for millennial men.
The original edition of Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In became a massive cultural phenomenon and its title became an instant catchphrase for empowering women. The book soared to the top of best-seller lists both nationally and internationally, igniting global conversations about women and ambition. This enhanced edition provides the entire text of the original book updated with more recent statistics and features a passionate letter from Sandberg encouraging graduates to find and commit to work they love. A combination of inspiration and practical advice, this new edition will speak directly to graduates and, like the original, change lives.
New Material for the Graduates Edition:
· A Letter to Graduates from Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Meta (previously called Facebook) from 2008-2022
· Find Your First Job, by Mindy Levy (Levy has more than twenty years of experience in all phases of organizational management and holds degrees from Wharton and Penn)
· Negotiate Your Salary, by Kim Keating (Keating is the founder and managing director of Keating Advisors)
· Man Up: Millennial Men and Equality, by Kunal Modi (Modi is a consultant at McKinsey & Company and a recent graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School and Harvard Business School)
· Let’s Lean In Together, by Rachel Thomas (Thomas is the president of The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation)· Own Who You Are, by Mellody Hobson (Hobson is the president of Ariel Investments)
· Listen to Your Inner Voice, by Rachel Simmons (Simmons is cofounder of the Girls Leadership Institute)
· 12 Lean In stories, short essays by readers around the world who have been inspired by Sandberg
Facebook COO Sandberg's newest release is a slightly revised and updated version of her 2013 title, Lean In, tailored for graduates. The text of the original book is intact, covering all the bases that became so famous in the media frenzy following the original publication: success and likeability, making your partner a real partner, the myth of doing it all, and most importantly, "the blunt truth is that men still run the world." Here, readers will also find a new introduction exhorting female grads to embrace leadership and change the world they've inherited, as well as a number of essays from successful women on subjects such as conquering fear, rising above one's circumstances, and crafting a great resume. Peppered within are bits of career advice, pithy aphorisms ("it's a jungle gym, not a ladder"), and examples from Sandberg's life. Her encouraging tone and catchy calls to action are as compelling as ever, and this new version features a section with first-job advice.
Wonderful Book Sheryl .