Today’s professional women are tired of feeling pressured
to LEAN IN and HAVE IT ALL.
Mainstream messages have turned our choice to pursue professional achievement into a directive. As a result, many of us are chasing after careers and accomplishments that we may not actually want, all at the expense of our families, our health, and our happiness.
Instead of striving to have it all, it’s time to have just what we want.
In Leaning Out, self-proclaimed “average” working woman, Monica Pierce:
• shares her own story of how her professional ambition changed once she admitted she didn’t actually want to “have it all.”
• highlights thought-provoking connections to scientific, philosophical, and social concepts that explain why so many of us are reluctant to Lean In.
• offers plenty of insight and practical tips to help you right-size your life.
Leaning Out is a must-read for women who are tired of today’s one-sided messages and looking for an alternative perspective.
"Thank you to you and your Lean Out message. I've been looking
for words to put to my feelings and your message is exactly how I'm feeling!"
- JAIME B., mother of one, property manager
“I just want you to know how much your message spoke to me. I appreciate
your message and hope that other women discover it and identify with it too!"
- ANONYMOUS, mother of two, occupational therapist
“My eyes have been opened to things I never knew existed for women
who are both Leaning In and Leaning Out.”
- MEGAN M., mother of four, entrepreneur