Is it right for Christians to celebrate the death of someone who is wicked?
Wicked the Musical tells the story of the Land of Oz from the perspective of the witches that are seen in The Wizard of Oz, and has been drawing in audiences from all over the world since its debut in 2003. While some Christians are quick to assume that the play is inappropriate because its plot is centered on witches, a simple examination of the story reveals that there is more to the witches in the story than what can be seen on the surface. Through Learning to Mourn the Wicked, you will:
- Understand how Christians should respond when someone who is considered evil dies, in fiction or real life
- Evaluate why it is unwise to take justice into our hands or use deception to get what we want
- Examine many of the prominent characters and themes in Wicked the Musical through the lens of a Christian worldview
- Discuss if the existence of witches and witchcraft within a fantasy story makes it inappropriate for a Christian to view
- Find tools that will help you discern if Wicked the Musical is a good choice of entertainment for you or your family
Through a deeper look into the story, you will come to see the story of Wicked the Musical through the lens of the gospel and learn how to help others to do the same.
* This book is not authorized or endorsed by anyone involved with the creation or production of Wicked the Musical