Top-of-the-class tips for starting your college search, from professional advisors and counselors.
Compiled by a successful business and leadership author and his college-bound daughter, the words of wisdom in this book can jump start your collegiate research and guide you in the process as you select and apply to colleges and universities.
Top experts and insiders across the country were interviewed and have given many wise and different opinions on what’s important, based on their own firsthand experience advising hundreds of thousands of students in their careers. They were asked to provide:
* the one college tip no one ever seems to know about
* the first piece of advice top counselors give their own children
* the one piece of advice they have given that’s worked best
* what students have to do differently today
* and—to add a little education to the process—advice with an SAT word in it!
Eric and Cole Yaverbaum also offer reflections on their own thought process during the search, and include invaluable informational resources such as where to look for financial aid; a detailed timeline for when to do what; test preparation information; athletics; and even the sample essay Cole used on her applications to get into college. While many adults look back on their college years as the best time of their life, no one ever seems to say the same about the college application and selection process—but this book can help make it as enjoyable and easy as possible.