This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included.
The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions.
This travel guide also features four walking tours with our suggestions for your travel route. These itineraries include links to individual attraction articles.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: A-Z INDEX | Tourism Office | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | Driving in UK | Units Conversion
1. General: Defining London | Geography | Climate | History | Demographics
2. Maps: City Map | Underground | Airport connections | DLR | Districts | Boroughs | Oxford Street | Soho | Bloomsbury | Docklands | UK
3. Transport: Get in | Get around | Underground | DLR | Buses | Routemaster | Heathrow
4. Attractions: Must See | A-Z | Itineraries | Walking in London | Do | Buy | Markets | London with children
5. Culture: Museums | Venues | Theaters | Parades & Events | Sports
6. Landmarks: Squares | Streets | Churches | Buildings & Structures | Palaces | Bridges
7. Parks & Gardens: Royal Parks | London Zoo
8. By Area: Districts | Central London | Thames | Get out
Customer ReviewsSee All
Great Travel Guide
This London travel book is great. It is easy to use and has a lot of information. I was able to do research on the area I was staying which has given me a lot of ideas of places to go and visit in that area as well as all the other sites I want to visit. This is one ebook I am glad I will be able to take with me and use during my 8 days in London. This is the second travel book I have our purchased by this company and will definitely buy more in the future.
The content is interesting and a very helpful reference and guide source for travel to London. The iBook is appealing and pleasing to own and read.
It's like I have been to London before. Thanks guys.