Business leaders are often concerned about the quality of the leaders in their organization. They are concerned about leadership effectiveness at all levels in their organization. These executives are often involved in the recruitment of the next great talent to lead their organization, or they are involved in setting up the required training for the development of internal leadership talent. Leadership talent is a highly sought after skill. Effective organizations require leadership talent. Even though there is demand for this type of skill, most professionals focus mostly on their particular area of expertise and forget to study leadership.
This enhanced iBook aims to address the need for leadership talent within the organization. The presentation will help students understand important leadership concepts. It will help students improve their competence in leadership roles. It will help students to prepare for and to succeed in team lead, management, or executive roles.
This enhanced iBook is divided up into five sections: introduction to the book and to the management profession, leadership defined, leadership types, leadership power and leadership techniques.These five sections will provide both theoretical and practical insights, which are applicable to the leadership role.
What am I going to get from this presentation?
• Become a more objective, insightful and effective leader.
• Learn about the power that leaders possess and how to achieve it.
• Gain insights and learn leadership principles that will prepare you for a management position.
• Improve your practice as a manager through the use of professional leadership techniques.
• Absorb interesting concepts, terminology and examples.
• Improve your ability to discuss leadership and management with your colleagues and recruiters.
• Gain leadership strength and authority through insights.
• Learn advanced techniques in areas such as “conflict management” & “leadership through power”
• Enhance your management performance through application of leadership principles.
• Become a better manager who is respected by subordinates, superiors and peers.
• Make a smooth transition from a worker to a manager, and once a manager, have the knowledge required to stay there!
Who is the target audience?
• Production Workers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers.
• Students of leadership, management, and psychology.
• Anyone wishing to become an effective leader or manager.
• Anyone wishing to gain an insight into the responsibilities of a manager.
• Anyone wishing to understand how psychology impacts the role.
• Anyone who is likely to be promoted to a new management role.
• A person who is a new manager and is undergoing training.
• Management professionals pursuing professional development.
• Production workers who wish to understand their manager's role.
• Business professionals who need to perform leadership functions.
• Business professionals who wish to lead objectively and effectively.