Learn how to leverage the features of the new Entity Framework Core APIs and use them to build pure .NET Core applications.
About This Book
• Learn how to effectively manage your database to make it more productive and maintainable.
• Write simplified queries using LINQ to acquire the desired data easily
• Raise the abstraction level from data to objects so teams can function independently, resulting in easily maintainable code
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET Core developers who would like to integrate EF Core in their application. Prior knowledge of .NET Core and C# is assumed.
What You Will Learn
• Create databases and perform CRUD operations on them
• Understand and build relationships (related to entities, keys, and properties)
• Understand in-built, custom, and remote validation (both client and server side)
• You will learn to handle concurrency to build responsive applications
• You will handle transactions and multi-tenancy while also improving performance
Being able to create and maintain data-oriented applications has become crucial in modern programming. This is why Microsoft came up with Entity Framework so architects can optimize storage requirements while also writing efficient and maintainable application code. This book is a comprehensive guide that will show how to utilize the power of the Entity Framework to build efficient .NET Core applications. It not only teaches all the fundamentals of Entity Framework Core but also demonstrates how to use it practically so you can implement it in your software development.
The book is divided into three modules. The first module focuses on building entities and relationships. Here you will also learn about different mapping techniques, which will help you choose the one best suited to your application design. Once you have understood the fundamentals of the Entity Framework, you will move on to learn about validation and querying in the second module. It will also teach you how to execute raw SQL queries and extend the Entity Framework to leverage Query Objects using the Query Object Pattern. The final module of the book focuses on performance optimization and managing the security of your application. You will learn to implement failsafe mechanisms using concurrency tokens. The book also explores row-level security and multitenant databases in detail.
By the end of the book, you will be proficient in implementing Entity Framework on your .NET Core applications.
Style and approach
This book is filled with various examples that will help you use Entity Framework Core 2.0 to write efficient software.