Discover your complete guide to designing, deploying, and managing OpenStack-based clouds in mid-to-large IT infrastructures with best practices, expert understanding, and more
About This Book
• Design and deploy an OpenStack-based cloud in your mid-to-large IT infrastructure using automation tools and best practices
• Keep yourself up-to-date with valuable insights into OpenStack components and new services in the latest OpenStack release
• Discover how the new features in the latest OpenStack release can help your enterprise and infrastructure
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators, cloud engineers, and system architects who would like to deploy an OpenStack-based cloud in a mid-to-large IT infrastructure. This book requires a moderate level of system administration and familiarity with cloud concepts.
What You Will Learn
• Explore the main architecture design of OpenStack components and core-by-core services, and how they work together
• Design different high availability scenarios and plan for a no-single-point-of-failure environment
• Set up a multinode environment in production using orchestration tools
• Boost OpenStack's performance with advanced configuration
• Delve into various hypervisors and container technology supported by OpenStack
• Get familiar with deployment methods and discover use cases in a real production environment
• Adopt the DevOps style of automation while deploying and operating in an OpenStack environment
• Monitor the cloud infrastructure and make decisions on maintenance and performance improvement
In this second edition, you will get to grips with the latest features of OpenStack. Starting with an overview of the OpenStack architecture, you'll see how to adopt the DevOps style of automation while deploying and operating in an OpenStack environment. We'll show you how to create your own OpenStack private cloud. Then you'll learn about various hypervisors and container technology supported by OpenStack. You'll get an understanding about the segregation of compute nodes based on reliability and availability needs. We'll cover various storage types in OpenStack and advanced networking aspects such as SDN and NFV.
Next, you'll understand the OpenStack infrastructure from a cloud user point of view. Moving on, you'll develop troubleshooting skills, and get a comprehensive understanding of services such as high availability and failover in OpenStack. Finally, you will gain experience of running a centralized logging server and monitoring OpenStack services.
The book will show you how to carry out performance tuning based on OpenStack service logs. You will be able to master OpenStack benchmarking and performance tuning. By the end of the book, you'll be ready to take steps to deploy and manage an OpenStack cloud with the latest open source technologies.
Style and approach
This book will help you understand the flexibility of OpenStack by showcasing integration of several out-of-the-box solutions in order to build a large-scale cloud environment.. It will also cover detailed discussions on the various design and deployment strategies for implementing a fault-tolerant and highly available cloud infrastructure.