How good are your Microsoft Word skills? In 30 minutes, author Angela Rose will show you how to become a power user of Word 2019 for Windows and macOS. Even if you have used MS Word in the past, this guide will demonstrate tools and time-saving tips that will help you make a bigger impact when writing letters, reports, essays, resumes, manuscripts, and other documents. The second edition of Microsoft Word In 30 Minutes also covers Word Online, Microsoft's free (but limited) online alternative.
* MS Word interface basics, from Backstage View to the Ribbon
* Office 365 subscriptions and OneDrive
* Display options for individual documents
* How to work with multiple windows in Microsoft Word
* Working with .docx, .doc, .txt, PDF, and other file formats in Word 2019 and Word Online
* Locating recovered files
* Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
* How to format text using the toolbar
* How to format Word documents using styles, themes, and style sets
* Creating Word documents with professional-quality templates
* How to create tables and charts in MS Word
* Adding images, video, and hyperlinks
* How to automatically create a table of contents in Word
* Adding footnotes, endnotes, citations, a bibliography, and an index
* Word spelling, tracking, and other reviewing tools
* Collaboration tools, from comments to live collaboration
* How to protect your Word document
There are lots of examples, screenshots, and offbeat anecdotes. Whether you are new to Microsoft Word, or want to familiarize yourself with the new features and interface of Word 2019 compared to older versions (Word 2013, Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, etc.), Microsoft Word In 30 Minutes can help you become an MS Word power user.
About the author
Angela Rose is a writer and B2C marketing strategist based in Colorado. When she's not removing cats from her keyboard, you can find Angela searching for the perfect taco, running 5Ks, whipping up original pastry recipes, and hiking the Colorado Mountains with her photographer husband. Angela is also the author of the award-winning LinkedIn In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition).
About the series
i30 Media is the publisher of In 30 Minutes guides - quick guides for a complex world. Thousands of readers turn to the series to understand mildly complex topics, ranging from genealogy to software. The tone is friendly and easy to understand, with step-by-step instructions and lots of examples.