Mindfulness is consciously paying attention to your present experience with a receptive attitude, in order to perceive things more clearly. Mindfulness enables people to get more in touch with the truth of their lives and make more beneficial choices. When people cultivate mindfulness, they experience important physical and emotional benefits. In Idiot's Guides: Mindfulness, readers get:
- A clear explanation of how mindfulness works and how to practice it in daily life.
- Steps for opening oneself up to the experience of mindfulness.
- Guidance on paying attention to one's body, emotions, and thoughts, and how to overcome the distractions that get in the way.
- Instructions for the top mindfulness meditation methods to help deepen mindfulness.
- Ways to use mindfulness to help alleviate anxiety, depression, compulsive behaviors, addiction, and trauma.
- Help with using mindfulness to repair and improve relationships with others, connect with children, and find meaning in life.