This book will literally change the way you think about your next meal.
Food psychologist Brian Wansink revolutionizes our awareness of how much, what, and why we’re eating—often without realizing it. His findings will astound you.
• Can the size of your plate really influence your appetite?
• Why do you eat more when you dine with friends?
• What “hidden persuaders” are used by restaurants and supermarkets to get us to overeat?
• How does music or the color of the room influence how much—and how fast—we eat?
• How can we “mindlessly” lose—instead of gain—up to twenty pounds in the coming year?
Starting today, you can make more mindful, enjoyable, and healthy choices at the dinner table, in the supermarket, at the office—wherever you satisfy your appetite.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Couldn't put it down
A wildly entertaining book! Not to mention very informative. Sheds light on a new way of thinking about food. Offers great insight, and keeps you smiling and engaged all the way through with its tongue-in-cheek humor. A great read that is unlike anything else out there. Highly recommend for yourself or as a gift fit the food lover you know.
A book with an eating explanation
This book helped me see eating in a whole new light. I appreciate learning about eating.
Worth a read
Great stories that really surprise and amaze. Good information presented in a readable tone. Enjoyed it!