From the author of the classic Mom’s House, Dad’s House, the essential guide for kids on how to stay strong and succeed in life when parents separate, divorce, or get married again.
Isolina Ricci’s Mom’s House, Dad’s House has been the gold standard for inspiring and supporting divorcing and remarrying parents for more than twenty-five years. With her new book, Dr. Isa adapts her time-tested advice on maneuvering the emotional, logistical, and legal realities of separation, divorce, and stepfamilies to speak directly to children. Alongside practical ways to cope with big changes she offers older children and their families key resiliency tools that kids can use now and the rest of their lives. Kids and families are encouraged to believe in themselves, to take heart, and to plan for their lives ahead.
Mom’s House, Dad’s House for Kids is packed with practical tips, frank answers, easy-to-use lists, “train your brain” ideas, reproducible worksheets, and things to try when words just won’t come out right. Kids will learn how to:
· Deal with parents living apart, schedules, and dueling house rules
· Settle comfortably in one home or two
· Stay out of the “miserable middle” when parents fight
· Manage stress, guilt, change, fear, and other feelings
· Stay connected with parents, relatives, and the “right” friends
· Appreciate the gifts (and deal with the gripes) of their new version of family
· Feel better FAST!
Kids can’t get their parents back together, but they can help themselves get stronger and go on to succeed in life. This book shows them how.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Very helpful !!!!!
This is a very helpful ! If you've been through a divorce like I have this is recommended by me! Such a good ! It helps and it is totally worth the $13.00 that it is!