Welcome to the wacky side of travel.
Travel brings with it extraordinary moments—from the whimsical to the hilarious to the downright absurd. At Summit Studios we’ve celebrated many such moments in our bestselling humor series, which includes titles such as "Mugged by a Moose" and "A Beaver is Eating My Canoe." Now in our sixth volume, twenty-six travel and outdoor writers join forces to relate more wacky tales of misadventure. And if there’s one truth that can be gleaned from this collection of stories, it’s that while outlandish and unpredictable things can happen on the road less traveled, there’s no such thing as a bad story!
* Join Sylvia Shawcross on a cross-Canada road trip with a giant moose head attached to the roof of her family’s van.
* Read about the chicanery of cyclist Brent Curry as he attempts to outwit a con artist posing as a devout church reverend from Kenya.
* Save a drowning monkey with Rita Pomade and her husband, and then discover why having a monkey as a sailboat crewmember has many drawbacks.
* Listen with mole-in-training Sterling Haynes to an unexpected conversation between airplane pilots while sitting on a runway in Houston.
* Navigate a cross-cultural dilemma with Maureen Magee after a stranger proposes to her while working on an African film set.
* Join B.A. Markus on the hot seat after she inadvertently sets fire to the Gulf Islands home she’s agreed to house sit.
And many more stories....