A new foreword has been included that celebrates the canonization and the life of Saint John Paul II.
Young people around the world adored Saint John Paul II. He won their hearts and minds because he genuinely believed in their ability to change the world for the better. He cared about them. He respected them. Most important, he challenged them to a deep and profound love for Christ through his Church.
My Dear Young Friends: Saint John Paul II Commemorative Edition is a collection of 52 weekly reflections on living in the Spirit. It invites young people to be inspired and act on Saint John Paul II's messages to young people gathered at annual World Youth Day celebrations. Each weekly reflection in My Dear Young Friends: Saint John Paul II Commemorative Edition contains the following sections:
• A Scripture passage related to the theme for the week.
• A message from Saint John Paul II.
• "Think About That," which asks the reader to ponder the pope's message.
• "Take Action," which invites the reader to act on the pope's message.
• "Say a Prayer," which inspires the reader to keep the pope's words fresh in heart and mind.
• "Did You Know?" which includes a fact about the pope's life.
Bring the heartwarming messages of Saint John Paul II directly to the teens you love and let his words lead them to a deeper love of Christ.