Get the most out of .NET framework using standard libraries and create a .NET Standard 2.0 library from scratch
About This Book
• Write code once and share within .NET ecosystem in Windows, Linux and macOS
• Give your .NET Libraries a common framework in cloud and on premise with the latest .NET Standard 2.0
• Build a wide range of applications from Mobile with Xamarin to Web with ASP.NET
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET developers who are looking to build dynamic applications with the latest .NET Standard. C# knowledge is required.
What You Will Learn
• Create a .NET Standard 2.0 library
• Use System.IO within the .NET Standard 2.0
• Make use of your legacy .NET libraries with the new .NET Core standard
• Explore the thread support to create a multithreaded .NET Standard 2.0 library
• Create a .NET Standard 2.0 library and use it with an Android and iOS application
• Implement various Visual Studio 2017 diagnostics and debugging tools
• Create a NuGet Package and submit the package to the NuGet Package Manager
• Use Visual Studio 2017 azure tools to deploy the application to Azure
• Test and deliver a .NET Standard 2.0 library
The .NET Standard is a standard that represents a set of APIs that all .NET platforms have to implement, making it easy for developers to access and use one common library for their development needs. This book begins with a quick refresher, helping you understand the mechanics of the new standard and offering insight into how it works. You'll explore the core library concepts, such as working with collections, configurations, I/O, security, and multithreading. You'll explore the iOS and Android libraries of Xamarin and we'll guide you through creating a .NET Standard 2.0 library, which you'll use with both Android and iOS applications.
In the final chapters, you'll learn the various debugging and diagnostics tools to deliver quality libraries and create a NuGet package of the .NET Standard 2.0 library. By the end of this book, you'll be able to expand your current workflow to various .NET flavors and have the essential skills to create a .NET Standard 2.0 library from scratch to package and deliver it to the world.
Style and approach
A recipe-based approach to help you get the most out of the .NET Standard 2.0 Library that can be implemented to all the .NET Platforms