Congratulations! You've finished a novel.
What an accomplishment! Now what?
Now, you need a innovative, in-depth guide to revision.
Before revision: Nice Story
After revision: Richer, deeper-the novel of your dreams.
Novice or Seasoned: For aspiring novelists, mid-list novelists who want to break out, novelists who want to self-publish-successfully, writers who have completed NaNoWriMo but don't know what to do next, and writing critique groups looking for a way to help each other to the next level.
Revising has never been easier
• Systematically inventory and diagnose your manuscript
• Visually manipulate your manuscript to identify problems
• Transform dull characters into fascinating, memorable people
• Strengthen the narrative and emotional arcs
• Sharpen dialogue
• Morph dull settings into backdrops that set the mood
• Enliven narrated events by selecting the right details
• Use language with confidence
• Add depth with narrative patterning In-depth professional development
• Plan your novel's metamorphosis
A stronger, richer, deeper story, a story that makes readers weep and cry and turn the next page.Novel Metamorphosis, unlike most books on revision, turns theory into radical new tools which are practical, tangible, concrete.
• Cut straight to the heart of your manuscript's problem
• Develop your writing and editing skills
• Understand the critical underlying structure of your story
• Learn theory as you work
• Spark in-depth discussions in your critique group
Other Writing Techniques books from Darcy Pattison
How to Write a Children’s Picture Book
Start Your Novel: Six Winning Steps Toward a Compelling Opening Line, Scene and Chapter
Villains: How to Develop and Write Evil, Wicked, Awful Villains and Antagonists to Add Depth to Your Novel
30 Days to a Stronger Novel