From Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens:
What's My Payoff?
My bedroom is my home base and keeping it organized is a must. If my room isn't in solid condition, it's difficult to keep the rest of my life on track. Here are some other reasons that motivate me to keep my room organized:
- My room is the only space on the entire planet that is solely mine.
- My organized room allows me to maximize my space and time.
- My room boosts my confidence.
- My room gives others (especially my mom!) confidence in me.
- Organizing my room allows me to do what I want, when I want.
Another mother/daughter team joins forces in Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Room, Your Time, and Your Life by Julie Morgenstern with Jessi Morgenstern-Colon. The comprehensive volume opens by assessing the symptoms of disorganization, providing a diagnosis and offering a prescription for change. Subsequent chapters put readers in "Analyze-Strategize-Attack" mode as they take on messy bedrooms, backpacks and cluttered social calendars.