The purpose of this course is to provide information that will allow facilities to more easily comply with the broad spectrum of rules covered by the OSHA regulations. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Explain the history of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
2. Discuss the purpose of the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard as it applies to the healthcare setting
3. Review the role of OSHA standards in preventing tuberculosis (TB) transmission.
4. Explain the impact of OSHA regulations on employee health, including risk management and safety issues in a healthcare setting.
5. Discuss hazardous materials and waste management in a healthcare facility.
6. Explain the necessity for radiation safety in healthcare facilities.
7. Describe the process of handling blood and chemical spills.
8. Outline the impact of fire safety on patients and employees in the healthcare facility.
9. Discuss indoor air quality, ergonomics, and latex allergy concern in healthcare facilities.
10. Discuss legal issues and employee safety as applied to the healthcare facility.
11. Describe what might occur during as OSHA consultation and inspection.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.