"Twentyseven Percent of Americans Have Metabolic Syndrome
It’s now estimated that 55 million Americans have metabolic syndrome; however, if you’re like most Americans, you may not have ever heard of the syndrome much less understand how it increases your risk of heart disease and stroke. Metabolic syndrome actually is a cluster of disorders, all of which are affected by both genetics and lifestyle. If you have three or more of the following, you considered as having metabolic syndrome:
· A waistline of 40 inches or more for men and 35 inches or more for women
· High triglyceride levels
· High blood pressure
· Elevated fasting blood sugar levels
· Low HDL cholesterol levels (the good cholesterol)
There are no specific symptoms of metabolic syndrome, but it takes a toll on health. People with metabolic syndrome are 3.5 times more likely to die of a heartrelated ailment and 5 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes.
The good news is that you can overcome this deadly syndrome. The authors of Overcoming Metabolic Syndrome, an endocrinologist and a cardiovascular surgeon, have treated thousands of patients; they know how to cut through the confusion and give you’re the basics about how you can restore your health.
Among the questions they answer:
· How do I know if I have metabolic syndrome?
· What is insulin resistance? Why is it a critical issue?
· Why does insulin resistance make it so hard to lose weight?
· What is the role of exercise, diet, and nutrition?
· Which medications are used to treat the syndrome?
A Clear and Simple Guide to Better Health!"