This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
This travel guide also features an itinerary with our suggestions for your travel route. Itineraries include links to individual attraction articles.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Respect | Contact | Stay Safe | Stay Healthy | Driving in Europe | Units Conversion
1. General: Regions & Cities | Geography | History | Culture | Art | Bohemian Crown Jewels | Golem | Bohemia | Moravia
2. Maps: Prague | Old Town | Prague Castle | Metro | Czech Republic | Czech Republic (detailed) | Highways | Brno
3. Transport: Get in | Get around
4. Attractions: Top 10 | See | Castles
5. Prague: Tourist Office | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | History | Climate | Economy | Education
5.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Tram | Airport | Metro | Petrin Funicular
5.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | A-Z | Itinerary | Buy | Tours | Passes | Buildings | Churches | Squares
5.3 Culture: Theaters | Black Light Theatre | Museums | Events
5.4 By Area: Districts | Vltava | Petrin Hill | Get Out
6. Central Bohemia: Benesov | Beroun | Konopiste Castle | Kolín | Kutná Hora | Mladá Boleslav | Podebrady | Slaný | Karlštejn | Beroun | Ceský Sternberk Castle | Lány | Krivoklát Castle
7. West Bohemia: Františkovy Lázne | Cheb | Karlovy Vary | Mariánské Lázne | Pilsen
8. North Bohemia: Bohemian Paradise | Decín | Liberec | Litvínov | Most | Teplice | Terezin | Ústí nad Labem | Litomerice | Prachov Rocks | Špindleruv Mlýn
9. East Bohemia: Ceská Trebová | Chrudim | Hlinsko | Hradec Králové | Litomyšl | Moravská Trebová | Pardubice | Svitavy | Ústí nad Orlicí | Vysoké Mýto | Bohemian Paradise | Prachov Rocks
10. South Bohemia: Pisek | Ceské Budejovice | Ceský Krumlov | Nové Hrady | Trebon | Jindrichuv Hradec | Holašovice | Hluboká nad Vltavou | Klet | Zlatá Koruna
11. Bohemian-Moravian Highlands / Vysocina Region: Jihlava | Pelhrimov | Nové Mesto na Morave | Telc | Trebíc | Zdár nad Sázavou
12. North Moravia: Ceský Tešín | Frýdek-Místek | Havírov | Jeseník | Karviná | Litovel | Olomouc | Opava | Ostrava | Prostejov | Zlaté Hory
13. South Moravia: Brno | Veverí Castle | Blansko | Breclav | Kromeríz | Lednice-Valtice | Mikulov | Moravian Karst | Mutenice Wine Region | Novosedly | Rakvice | Zlín | Znojmo | Cornstejn Castle
Customer ReviewsSee All
$10 for Wikipedia?
Not good: this seems to be mostly copied-and-pasted from Wikipedia articles about Prague, complete with misspellings and other errors. You can do much better than this.
If you are a first timer to Prague this is a great guide. It will give you information on the major sites to see including useful information such as opening and closing times, costs, how to get to major tourist attractions and the best times to go. Overall this is a great guide for someone new to Prague who wants to see all the major sites. Don't waste your money or break your shoulder carrying around a costly and heavy traditional guidebook.