The purpose of the course is to provide healthcare professionals with the information necessary to accurately diagnose and manage the conditions of proteinuria and hematuria, thereby improving patient outcomes. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Define proteinuria and describe the pathophysiology of the finding.
2. Analyze the clinical presentation of proteinuria and possible co-occurring signs, including aspects of the physical examination.
3. Describe the diagnosis and management of patients with proteinuria.
4. Assess the clinical findings of and appropriate diagnostic techniques for hematuria.
5. Discuss the management of hematuria and related conditions.
This 4-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.