Ray Allen will go down in history for his big game and series-saving shot in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals, but his game has been much more than just spotting up and making jumpers (though that matters a lot when discussing Jesus Shuttlesworth).
Ray was a 20+ points-per-game scorer at his peak, an All-Star who was the #1 option for his team and one of the top minutes-per-game players in the entire NBA — which speaks to Ray’s immaculate conditioning, which has kept Ray in the League for approaching 20 seasons. Ray is the NBA’s all time leader in made 3 point shots, and has career averages of 40% shooting from 3 and just a shade under 90% from the free throw line. He was also quite athletic — probably more than many basketball fans remember him being.
This Signature Workout Program address some of Ray Allen’s best skills from his best days, including:
• Deadly Accurate Outside Shooting Off The Catch Or One Dribble
• Midrange Shooting On Hard Closeouts
• 1-3 Dribble Attacks To The Basket
• Scoring Off The Catch And Cuts Inside The Arc
*Always Remember: When you get into your games, you won’t need to have memorized anything from this program. The workouts are designed for you to absorb them into your muscle memory -- all of this Hoop Handbook becomes part of your game’s makeup through repetition. You will be using this stuff in ways you won’t ever need to plan again.
This requires two things from you.
• That you commit to putting in the work -- as much as you need, which you need to decide -- to make your skills “automatic”, in that you end up doing moves without premeditation.
• That, when game time comes, you stop thinking so much. The physical work has been done. Get into your Mental Zone -- whatever that is and however you need to get into it -- and let instinct take over
The NBA Signature Workouts are detailed, step-by-step 30-day self-training programs created in the mold of the abilities of your favorite NBA players. They include program overviews, mental visions, also detailed textual and video demonstration of each drill and skill. designed by YouTube star (and creator of putting basketball workouts/drills/skills online) Dre "DreAllDay" Baldwin.