Updated in 2017. What is true Christian revival and how can we tell the genuine from the false, the true from the spurious? Drawing from Scripture and Church history, this book will sharpen your senses and take you on a journey of discovery. Featuring:
• Genuine revivals and moves of God.
• Steps towards a heaven-sent revival.
• How God works in revivals and awakenings.
• The Church and community in times of revival.
• The differences between revivals and outpourings.
• Leadership, discernment and working with the Holy Spirit.
• The work and ministry of the Holy Spirit in genuine revival.
• Accepting God’s dynamics and rejecting the demonic.
• The facts of revival and what the Scriptures declare.
• The pendulum swing and characteristics of revival.
• The Divine, the demonic, deception and excess.
• How to handle excess and those in the flesh.
• The secrets and the supernatural of revival.
• Physical phenomena and conviction of sin.
What is genuine spiritual revival and how can we know truth from error, fact from fiction? With many preachers claiming to have ‘revival,’ some wanting to impart it into your life, with many evangelists, churches and conferences declaring they will have revival (so come and receive a touch), or they will impart it into your life – what is the truth? Revival Answers, True and False Revivals answers these question and many others, so we can discern genuine heaven-sent revival and not be deceived by a counterfeit.
Mathew Backholer is the co-founder of ByFaith Media (www.ByFaith.org) and films and presents ByFaith TV which airs on numerous Christian networks around the world. As a revival historian he collates, documents and records revivals from around the globe. He is the author of a number of books including: Revival Fires and Awakenings, Global Revival, Revival Fire and Extreme Faith: On Fire Christianity.