Join Roro on his life-transforming journey and unleash the power of amazing bonding experiences!
DISCOVER your child’s passion,
SHARE experiences together,
INFLUENCE their development,
Roro is a parrot from a small village in Brazil, who dreams about exploring the world. He is eager to discover their favorite things to do and to try them together. The journey takes our curious parrot through fifteen diverse countries on four continents, where he meets local animals and picks up what they have to offer - from playing ball with red kangaroos in Australia to having lunch with a family of brown bears in Russia and swimming with a dolphin in Greece. Every country includes numbers, colors, animals, vehicles, geography, an ecosystem, and healthy activity, making it a gourmet offering for the curious soul. With his background in direct response marketing and sales, the author also includes an invisible but powerful layer as a bonus, which he calls the "Bond with my child method". Here is a break-down of the multiple layers in "Roro goes...":
• ADVENTURE – the book is abundant in captivating situations, in which the main character is putting himself or is being put by his newly-found friends, so that a child will be entertained to listen, watch or read the story.
• THE NUMBERS FROM 1 to 11, introduced in the form of words as well as characters or animals one can count, this way the child can be engaged in various ways to learn them
• ALL MAIN COLORS, including white and black, again used not just as single words or colored shapes but as living animals, part of the pictures and text, allowing for learning, using MULTIPLE SENSES
• VOCABULARY, or words important on both the younger spectrum of the audience, like BALL, MOMMY, DADDY etc., as well as more advanced for the older child, who can either listen to them or read them on their own
• GEOGRAPHY – fifteen countries on four continents are included in the journey of the main character, Roro, with the country names and locations shown on a world map for the benefit of the child, as well as the grown-up.
• ANIMALS – usually typical or connected to the respective country in a meaningful way, sixteen different animals are introduced in the book, so that the little ones can learn them
• VEHICLES – with over 10 different vehicles, Roro tours the world, and doesn’t miss to also walk and hike, thus showing the young audience the multitude of transportation means available to a traveler
• HEALTHY ACTIVITIES – with addressing both exciting one-off, more on the adventure side activities, like scuba diving and swimming with a dolphin, as well as critical daily routines, like taking a bath, napping, games, and hugs, the text encourages healthy habits
• COLORING – a few coloring pages are included, this way the child can also be engaged in yet another way of learning
• BONDING QUESTIONS – the grown-up reader is provided with some thoughtful sample questions to ask the child, so that both of them can practice one of the most important life skills, in the author’s opinion, namely asking relevant questions and listening for the answers. Questions are also a critical part of the bonding process, later described
• BONUS - CONNECT WITH YOUR CHILD IN 90-SECONDS – the Bond with my child method is offered as extra credit for the over-achievers among us and is definitely not mandatory. It is a process, derived from the best practices of today’s titans of direct response marketing and sales.