You don't need to risk your security and privacy on consumer-grade security products any longer.
pfSense® is a powerful, commercial-grade firewall that provides capabilities far beyond what you can get in consumer products. This book will walk you through setting up your pfSense® firewall with many easy to follow recipes to choose from, depending on your needs.
What you will learn
* Blocking malware, phishing and malicious sites and countries
* Hiding your DNS traffic from ISP snooping
* Reducing the burden that advertising has on your browsing
* Isolating your vulnerable IoT devices using VLANs
* Setting up your firewall to provide you reports on matters that need your attention
* Resolving buffer bloat to maximize your internet connection
* Enabling remote access using VPNs
* Managing, documenting, updating and backing up your firewall configuration
Who this book is for
This book is for those with an introductory understanding of networking, at least networking terms such as subnets. Prior knowledge of firewalls would be helpful but is not required. Most important is a desire and willingness to "get your hands dirty", in both setting up your firewall and understanding how to utilize it to protect your home and business.