Secrets of The Mommyhood is the pregnancy book every first-time mom should read to learn about pregnancy, about childbirth and having a baby.
In a perfect world, an experienced mom would sit down and tell you everything you need to know. But the reality is, most moms with young kids are too busy wiping noses and butts to stop and give you the download.
Secrets of The Mommyhood is everything I wish someone had told me about being pregnant, about childbirth and delivery, and becoming a new mom. It will help you:
• Find out what actually happens during labor and childbirth;
• Laugh as you read what it’s like to be a pregnant woman, learn the stages of pregnancy and the many lovely (and not so lovely) bodily changes that happen during pregnancy;
• Know what to look for when evaluating pediatrician and childcare options;
• Pack the right things in your hospital bag so you have what you need with it’s time to give birth;
• Choose baby gear you will use and avoid spending money on things you won't;
• Deal with unsolicited advice from random idiots;
• Know how to get a birth certificate and social security card;
• Get post childbirth information so you can figure out what to do with a newborn;
• Understand why it’s a good idea for infants to be on a schedule;
• Learn what you need to know about newborn and new mommy wellness;
• Medical must haves and resources;
• Get a heads up on common illnesses no one bothers to mention;
• Avoid supermoms and look for super moms; and,
• Learn the only thing that really matters...
If you are going to have a baby, you’ll want to read Secrets of The Mommyhood, which blends practical advice with laugh-out-loud humor from author Heather Alexander who also writes and curates the blog called TheMommyhood.com
Great author, great book!