How to Press Ahead (and Should You?) When All Is Wrong
As much as we'd like to avoid suffering in life, all of us will occasionally face earth-shattering hardships. You might be dealing with one now, or perhaps your friend or a loved one is, or maybe you'd just like to prepare yourself for when one inevitably occurs in your life. Self-Discipline in Difficult Times is the right book for you if you want to learn how to press ahead as your world turns upside down.
Some of the topics I discuss in the book include:
- in which situations self-help advice helps and in which you should stay away from it,
- how to avoid making a bad situation worse when you're under too much pressure,
- how to take care of yourself during difficult times without sabotaging your long-term goals,
- how to begin the process of recovery with three fundamental strategies,
- how to prepare yourself for inevitable future crises with an uncomfortable, but effective practice,
- how to help a friend struggling with a crisis.
Mental resilience is our most important tool for surviving a rupture. This book can give you some hope and comfort that you're not alone in whatever you're facing.