This actionable user’s guide draws on recent scientific research and groundbreaking new concepts in performance psychology and mind-body wellness to target one of the most important parts of the body that often gets left behind in our training efforts—our brain. The “fitter” our brain is, the more energy efficient it becomes, and the easier it is to be SHARP… even in the midst of a fast-paced, constantly connected, 24/7 on-the-go lifestyle.
Updated and revised, this edition of SHARP: Simple Strategies to Boost Your Brainpower includes access to real world training exercises, short video discussions on nutrition, fitness, and performance psychology. Guided audio tracks assist readers in practicing concepts of mindfulness in order to relax, rebalance, and recharge their brain for improved health, happiness, and performance.
In SHARP, readers will:
• Understand how the demands on time and energy impact the health and performance of the brain.
• Learn the critical components of brain health that provide a foundation for improved cognitive functioning.
• Utilize the power of brain training to stimulate mental energy with exercises that improve learning in areas that have the greatest impact on performance.
• Have instant access to training tools such as “Brain Recharge” exercises and guided relaxation tracks.
• Create an actionable plan for implementing a sustainable brain health and training program, to significantly boost energy, attention, focus, clarity, creativity, and resilience.