So You Think You’re a New York Rangers Fan? tests and expands your knowledge of Rangers hockey. Rather than merely posing questions and providing answers, you’ll get details behind each—stories that bring to life players and coaches, games and seasons.
This book is divided into multiple parts, with progressively more difficult questions in each new section. Along the way, you’ll learn more about the great Rangers players and coaches of the past and present, from Mark Messier to Wayne Gretzky, Rod Gilbert, Bryan Hextall, Vic Hadfield, “Gump” Worsley, Ron Greschner, Andy Bathgate, Jean Ratelle, Eddie Giacomin, Adam Graves, Brad Park, Jaromir Jagr, Mike Richter, Brian Leetch, Henrik Lundqvist, and so many more. Some of the many questions that this book answers include:
• Who was the first draftee to actually play for the Blueshirts?
• The current Madison Square Garden hosted the first Rangers game on February 18, 1968. Did the Blueshirts win? Who’d they play?
• When was the only time an opposing goalie was robustly cheered from the opening faceoff to the end of the game?
• Who was the first player of Chinese descent to play in the NHL when he debuted for the Rangers in 1947?
• Which unlikely Ranger ended the longest shootout in NHL history?
This book makes the perfect gift for any fan of the Blueshirts!