Travelling to Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, or any of the 21 countries where Spanish is spoken? Start your journey before you leave with this ebook saturated with audio.
Spanish in a Suitcase is a short course you can do on your own, as well as a phrasebook to take with you. Its five chapters provide essentials for travel situations with clear explanations and audio examples, taking you to an elementary level of Spanish – at your own pace, confidently, and in a fun way.
Almost every word, phrase and dialogue in Spanish is accompanied by audio recordings of a variety of personalities and accents. Pronunciation starts off clearly and slowly, and gradually gets faster over the course of the five chapters. Your confidence will grow with repeated listening and practice.
Each lesson revolves around a broad topic and begins with new words, followed by phrases, then dialogues, thus building your Spanish. You are encouraged to utilise the interactivity of the iPad, for example, regular suggestions to make your own notes for new words encountered on your trip. These searchable notes will give your ebook a personal touch, making it a brilliant addition to your pack or suitcase for when you really need it.
This ebook sits in the space between the study you hope to do pre-travel, and the phrasebook that you take on the road. It is great for any beginning student, whether you’re enrolled in a course, or making the Spanish language journey on your own.
- 240 audio recordings (68 minutes) of all Spanish in the book, with English translations.
- a variety of accents - from Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, plus some non-native speakers.
- a practical approach for eyes, ears and voice (reading, listening, speaking).
- clear layout with simple conventions for easy orientation.
- Spanish for anywhere! Standard Spanish for understanding and use wherever you are.
- start learning quickly! A minimum of cumbersome explanations about pronunciation, variants, wheres, whys and hows.
- native-speed conversations at the end, for practice.
- transcriptions of conversations and dialogues.
- exercises with answers.
- optional grammatical explanations at the end of each chapter.
- interactivity: make personal notes when you travel, create bookmarks, highlight words or phrases.
- pack it in, speak it out, on your way!
Customer ReviewsSee All
I haven't had a formal Spanish class since the 70's but this book has been my best friend while traveling. It has all the basics you will need to be understood. It clearly notes the formal and informal tense so you can converse confidently wherever you find yourself in your travels. The audio is great for pronunciation practice so you don't butcher the language. All around a great tool!
Perfect travel companion!
This is a perfect ebook to take with you on a trip, and conveniently located on your mobile device, you will actually use it!
The topics are clearly organized and the audio is clear and easy to understand. Work at your own pace, and repeat phrases/conversations as many times as you like. Buena suerte!