With traffic to personal blogs and online journalism sites on the rise, there are more blogging opportunities than ever before. With the right approach, a blog can be an extra source of cash, or it can be a business unto itself yielding thousands of dollars a week, all earned on your own schedule, from the comfort of your home office, and writing about the topic of your choice. If that sounds too good to be true, this invaluable book will prove to you that it can be done.
Unlike other guides, Starting Your Career as a Professional Blogger goes beyond the basics to show you how to earn a living while doing what you love. Experienced blogger Jacqueline Bodnar takes offers a comprehensive overview of the blogging world, presenting effective strategies for establishing a web presence and marketing your work. Topics include:
• Choosing a niche
• Knowing the advantages of different blogging platforms (WordPress, Tumblr, etc.)
• Setting up, maintaining, and monetizing your blog
• Increasing traffic to your blog
• Finding your audience—and helping them find you
• Promoting your blog
• Networking with other bloggers
• Creating a podcast
• Synching your blog with your social networking accounts
• And more
If you’ve ever wanted to write for a living, this book will help you achieve your dream, on your own terms. Welcome to the blogosphere!