Learn smart, idiomatic techniques to design great Swift apps, from using MVC effectively through to MVVM, delegation, protocols, and more.
All platforms: This book teaches patterns you can use whether you work on iOS, macOS, watchOS, or any other platform that uses Swift.
Swift 5.0: Don't waste time with out of date tutorials – here you can learn powerful, expressive Swift the way it was meant to be written.
Hands on: All patterns come with practical, real-world code examples so you can see why they are useful and apply them in your own work.
Full coverage: Over 20 design patterns are covered in detail, so you can try them all and find what works best for your own projects.
Swift Design Patterns will teach you how to write cleaner, more maintainable apps. Drawing examples from Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, and other key Apple frameworks, you'll learn how to design elegant apps that are easier to read, easier to scale, and easier to test.
The book includes over 20 of the most important design patterns for Swift developers, including:
- The model-view-controller pattern that lies at the heart of all Apple platforms, plus MVVM as a viable alternative.
- Extensions, protocols, and protocol extensions that let you architect your code horizontally.
- Notifications, selectors, and the target/action pattern to control code without increasing coupling.
- Observers, accessors, keypaths, and delegation so you can monitor values and respond when they change.
- Archiving data using the Codable protocol.
- Singletons for working with shared resources.
- And more!
If want to improve the way you architect your Swift apps, this is the book for you.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Helps the beginner programmer understand not only the “what” but the reasoning behind it. Great for learning app structure in regards to Swift programming language. All of Paul Hudson’s books have been great.