Swift is very easy to learn and it’s more readable than most programming languages. It allows you to build applications for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac. Swift Programming in easy steps teaches you how to build iOS apps from scratch using Swift 4.
• Xcode: the free software to write apps in Swift.
• Swift Playgrounds: the experimenting environment that lets you write code and see results instantly.
• Firebase: Google’s mobile platform that lets you add functionality to your app.
• SpriteKit: that gives you everything you’ll need to build 2D games.
• ARKit: that allows you to create Augmented Reality experiences for your app users.
You don’t need any prior programming knowledge. This book will walk you through the process of user interface design and coding, all the way to publishing your apps to the App Store!
For anyone seeking to discover the easiest way to create apps for Apple devices.
Covers iOS 12 and Swift 4
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to iOS Development
2. Swift Playgrounds
3. User Interaction
4. Camera & Photo Library
5. Location & Table Views
6. Firebase: Login & Database
7. Game Development
8. Advanced Swift
9. Submitting your Apps