Master Apple’s Photos app in macOS, iOS, and iPadOS!
Version 2.2, updated October 12, 2021
This book introduces you to the many features of Apple’s Photos app on Mac, iPad, and iPhone, with advice on navigating the interface, editing your images, searching your library like a pro, syncing with iCloud Photos, sharing photos with others, and creating photo books.
Get to know Apple’s Photos app and how best to use it to import, manage, edit, sync, and share your photos in macOS 12 Monterey and iOS 15/iPadOS 15! As the successor to Apple’s iPhoto and Aperture apps, Photos has a more refined interface and deeper connections to iCloud, and it runs faster. Following the expert advice of Jason Snell, publisher of Six Colors and former lead editor at Macworld, you’ll learn how to navigate Photos like a pro!
In this book, you’ll learn how to:
• Import photos from cameras, mobile devices, or memory cards
• Use multiple Photos libraries
• Navigate the Photos interface, including the sidebar and icons
• View, edit, or disable Live Photos
• Organize your library by using enhanced search features, adding metadata, building albums, and creating smart albums
• Edit your photos using quick fixes like cropping, applying filters, and fixing red-eye and rotation problems
• Use advanced editing techniques within Photos and edit using external apps like Photoshop
• Manage your photo collection using the Memories and People features, and get summary views
• Sync and share your photos with iCloud
• View your photos on an Apple TV
• Share your photos via social media, export them out of Photos, or turn them into slideshows
• Create printed objects (such as books and calendars) from your photos using third-party services
Jason also covers new sharing and search options, an improved Memories feature (in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15; coming soon to Monterey), importing other Photos libraries, and more.