The Bible: The Living Word of God, Interactive Edition provides an introduction to the Sacred Scriptures and to the unfolding of salvation history, with a particular focus on Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of salvation history. Revelation, both divine and natural, is explored, as are inspiration, interpretation, and exegesis. The students also learn about the role of the Scriptures in the life of faith for the individual as well as for the life of the Church.
The interactive book includes all-of-the content original to the print version with the addition of an interactive functionality that will speak to the student in ways previously unavailable to print-only users. Students will have the ability, through the hyperlinks and interactive content in the book, to engage with the Catholic faith and the person of Jesus Christ.
Additional interactive features! Each section now includes embedded teacher videos. These videos provide a basic overview of the content and also a personal story that connects to the key understandings from the section.
• Bold vocabulary words that, when tapped, show the glossary definition
• Hyperlinks to primary sources cited or referenced in the text, including
-Catechism of the Catholic Church
-Vatican Council II, papal, and bishops’ documents
-Lives of the saints
• Image galleries: Each image has a caption that explains the image’s origin and/or its connection to the main text.
• Keynote presentations: Apple’s version of PowerPoint; functions largely the same way. Keynote presentations explain or further investigate a term or concept from the main text.
• Interactive charts, timelines, and maps that can be zoomed in or tapped to show more information.
• Prayer cubes: each side of the cube contains a different prayer.
• Videos: Videos explain a key concept in the main text or provide an example of how to live the message contained in the main text. Videos are linked from YouTube and require an internet connection to view.
• Interactive quizzes: At the end of each part there is an 8-question multiple choice quiz that is self-scoring, offering the student immediate feedback
Ayy thats pretty good
Only a critique of preview and description
The title indicates "The Bible" so one would naturally assume this is an interactive version on the Bible. Yet, the summary does not indicate that it includes the entire Bible, but rather appears to be a study guide with links to "sacred scripture." Further, the sample only includes a section on revelation and does not include a chapter list so one could discern whether this book is indeed the Bible or not. If just a study guide, the title is misleading and should be changed. If it is the actual Bible with additional materials, please indicate which version and a better description of materials. As to the sample, I would rather see a copy of a Biblical chapter along with its interactive components to determine whether I would he willing to shell out $20 for this book.
I purchased it on my Mac and want to sync the book on my iPad. But it doesn't show on iPad. So I decided to download it on iPad but it just got stuck.