A remarkable coming-of-age story with special appeal to dog lovers.
This was supposed to be a simple summer for Billy; one more lazy expanse of time before college began. He’d fill the hours playing with Jimmy – his canine best buddy – going camping and doing all the things he promised Jimmy they’d do before Billy left.
But that was before the accident that shook the entire town.
It was before the summer job that turned into something so much more than a way to get a paycheck.
And it was before Vicki.
This summer was destined to be many things to Billy, things he didn’t truly understand until now. But it was definitely not going to be simple.
An enormously touching, richly textured, deeply moving novel of new adulthood, THE CHANGING SEASON is an experience to savor.
“The Changing Season is a story that will bring you back to that awkward period of time between childhood and adult life. I highly recommend this book.”
– Richard Paul Evans, #1 NYT Bestselling Author, THE CHRISTMAS BOX and THE MISTLETOE PROMISE
“Manchester's The Changing Season will be to young adults what Old Yeller is to my grandson.”
– Ed Asner, Actor, Up, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, Elf
“The Changing Season is a thought-provoking coming-of-age tale that explores the complicated themes of love, faith, family and, above all, loyalty. Mr. Manchester’s portrayal of a boy at the cusp of manhood is evocative and sympathetic.”
– Susan Wilson, NYT Bestselling Author, ONE GOOD DOG
“Heartfelt, emotional, and beautifully written, The Changing Season is captivating. Steven Manchester is one gifted storyteller!”
– Carla Neggers, NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author, HARBOR ISLAND and ECHO LAKE
“In The Changing Season, Steven Manchester brings us a warm-hearted story of love and loyalty—both canine and human—and shows us what it really means to be a best friend.”
– Teresa Rhyne, #1 NYT Bestselling Author, THE DOG LIVES (and So Will I) and THE DOGS WERE RESCUED (and So Was I)
“Beautifully written, poignant, and bittersweet, The Changing Season is a wonderful coming of age story.”
– Christine Feehan, #1 NYT Bestselling Author, the Dark series
“Manchester beautifully describes the undeniable love and bond between Billy and his canine best friend Jimmy. The Changing Season reinforces how making one wrong decision can be life changing and the consequences can have a ripple effect that profoundly impacts the lives of others.”
– Laura Schroff, #1 NYT Bestselling Author, AN INVISIBLE THREAD