The Conscious Parent's Guide to Positive Discipline
A Mindful Approach for Building a Healthy, Respectful Relationship with Your Child
Help your child learn self-discipline, cooperation, and responsibility!
When a child misbehaves, the situation can quickly escalate into an uphill battle of yelling, tears, and resistance--on both sides. But what if you could avoid all that? Conscious parenting is about being present with your child and taking the time to understand the reasons and motivations behind behaviors. This relationship-centered approached means that you respect your child's point of view as you both learn how to create a mutually-beneficially set of behavioral rules. By practicing this mindful method, you can support your child emotionally and help nurture important social development.
Parent coach Jennifer Costa teaches you how to:
• Communicate openly with your child about proper behavior
• Build a supportive home environment
• Determine your child's behavioral triggers
• Learn strategies that will help your child feel calm
• Teach your child long-term coping skills
• Discipline your child without embracing anger
With The Conscious Parent's Guide to Positive Discipline, you will learn to create a calm and mindful atmosphere for the whole family, while helping your child feel competent, successful, and healthy.