A quarterly digest of select Puritan works. The text has been sparingly modernized to improve each work's clarity, while retaining its original character. This edition contains the following articles:
1. A Faithful Man Described and Rewarded - Increase Mather. From Rev. 2:10 ("Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life").
2. Spiritual Contentment - Andrew Gray. True satisfaction can only come from intimate communion with God. Phil. 4:11 ("I have learned in whatsoever state I am therewith to be content").
3. Christ, the Fountain Opened for Penitent Sinners - Ralph Robinson. Explores the rich metaphor of Christ as a fountain (Zech. 13:1).
4. How to Die Well - William Perkins. An excerpt from "A Salve for a Sick Man" which teaches the Christian how to prepare himself for death.
5. The Pleasantness of a Religious Life - Matthew Henry. The first chapter of the larger work of the same name.
6. The Puritans in Verse: A Short Discourse on Eternity (Wigglesworth).