The natural world holds secrets under every rock and around every tree. If you've ever wondered what life is like through a microscope, telescope, or with the naked eye--you'll love this book!
• Run with the antelope across the American plains and learn about the food chain.
• Climb with a monkey to the highest tree in the rainforest and discover how photosynthesis keeps leaves green.
• Sink to the bottom of the ocean to follow creatures who have adapted to life in total darkness
• Travel with a meteor at speeds up to 160,000 miles per hour.
• Burrow with the earthworms in your own backyard.
Through it all, you'll find out how things synergize, regenerate, and evaporate--and lots more! And don't worry about the big words--they are all defined and explained with familiar examples in this fascinating trip through the natural world.