Raising a gifted child is both a joy and a challenge. Gifted and exceptional children can seem self-sufficient, but it takes more than intelligence to lead a happy and fulfilling life. Your child need your support and advocacy in school, in social situations, and even at home. This guide shows you how to encourage and foster your gifted child from birth to adolescence, including information on
• How to determine if your child is gifted
• Options for school programs and activities
• Dealing with perfectionism and stress
• Setting realistic and healthy goals for your child
• Ensuring proper socialization and friendship
• Coping with jealousy and bullying from other children
Packed with useful and professional advice, this is a reassuring guide to help your gifted child grow, thrive, and develop his talents.