A DOCUMENT THAT SHAPED A NATION
An authoritative analysis of the Constitution of the United States and an enduring classic of political philosophy.
Written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, The Federalist Papers explain the complexities of a constitutional government—its political structure and principles based on the inherent rights of man. Scholars have long regarded this work as a milestone in political science and a classic of American political theory.
Based on the original McLean edition of 1788 and edited by noted historian Clinton Rossiter, this special edition includes:
● Textual notes and a select bibliography by Charles R. Kesler
● Table of contents with a brief précis of each essay
● Appendix with a copy of the Constitution cross-referenced to The Federalist Papers
● Index of Ideas that lists the major political concepts discussed
● Copies of The Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation
Federalist papers, edited by Clinton Rossiter.
The value of this edition is the index. Sadly this electronic version has no links or page numbers in the index ... just topics. I’m very disappointed.
Congrats to Penguin for trying to sell you for 6.99 what you can get for free in the same store. Just search for the Federalist Papers. Kudos to Apple for making historical content available to all.