A classic resource, The MacArthur Study Bible is perfect for serious study. Dr. John MacArthur has collected his pastoral and scholarly work of more than 35 years to create the most comprehensive study Bible available. No other study Bible does such a thorough job of explaining the historical context, unfolding the meaning of the text, and making it practical for your life.
125-page concordance, including people and places More than 20,000 study notes, charts, maps, outlines, and articles from Dr. John MacArthur Overview of Theology Index to Key Bible Doctrines
Part of the Signature Series line of Thomas Nelson Bibles
MacArthur Study Bibles sold to date: More than 1.8 million
Customer ReviewsSee All
No page numbers
I was hesitant to purchase this bible based on the reviews. I have the printed version and love it. However, the reviewers were correct in saying there are no page numbers. The sample I downloaded had page numbers so you could return to your last place. The purchased book does not.
I saw that the book had been updated recently and thought that issue had been corrected. It apparently hasn't been.
If you want to use this as a study bible it will probably be frustrating. I should have saved some money and just bought a plain bible.
It grieves me to write this review. Especially after so many others have already cried 'foul' of this book. I too must cry 'foul' and most adamantly!
1. I have no idea of who did the software for this eBook, but the 'How to use this book' information is totally wrong for any Apple TABLET. You cannot go back using the 'back button' that isn't there. Shame on you, Thomas Nelson!
2. There are definitely no page numbers so the publishers or software developers or both have falsely advertised there is in the downloaded eBook. Shame on you again, Thomas Nelson!
3. Since there is no back button, getting 'back' to the verse you are reading is very laborious. I quit and went back to the Table of Contents. Again, shame on you, Thomas Nelson!
4. It really saddens me to think that after all these reviews that Thomas Nelson has not updated this eBook of theirs to function properly. Yet, they are so very adamant in the opening sections to boast about their excellent product. Oh the shame of it, Thomas Nelson.
5. I love studying the Bible. It does appear, however, that I too will be forced to carry my printed version, as this eBook is terrible. How shameful, Thomas Nelson that you advertised one thing and delivered another. Shame on you!
Excellent study Bible! You will not find a better study Bible, very well done!