The Nimble Nonprofit: An Unconventional Guide to Sustaining and Growing Your Nonprofit is the unconventional, irreverent, and pragmatic guide to succeeding as a nonprofit leader.
The Nimble Nonprofit cuts through the clutter, offering no-nonsense, real-world lessons for social sector leaders and aspiring leaders alike. It’s incisive and straightforward.
The Nimble Nonprofit is a conversational, fast read, but it’s loaded with practical, candid, convention-challenging advice:
• Cultivating a high-impact, innovative organizational culture.
• Building and sustaining a great team.
• Staying focused and productive.
• Optimizing your board of directors.
• Creating lasting relationships with foundations, donors, and members.
• Remaining agile and open.
• Growing and sustaining a nimble, impactful organization.
I didn’t expect to read through this as quickly as I did, simply becuase I assumed I would get frustrated as I read more and more about how I need to change the way I am trying to manage a small nonprofit startup. The more I read, however, the more I became aware of the potentials we have to succeed and exactly where our (many) pitfalls and current and past failures lie. I’m not sure what will come to my organization in the next 3, 6, 12 months, but I can assure you that I am going to keep this book nearby as a reference for our next roadblock.