The Paschal Mystery: Christ's Mission of Salvation, Interactive Edition explores our salvation through the Paschal Mystery and provides an introduction to the goodness of creation, Original Sin, and the promise of a messiah. The students encounter the mystery and glory of the suffering, death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus Christ. The course also explores how the Paschal Mystery informs our daily lives, our prayer, and our participation in the life of the Church.
The interactive book includes all of the content original to the print version with the addition of an interactive functionality that will speak to the student in ways previously unavailable to print-only users. Students will have the ability, through the hyperlinks and interactive content in the book, to engage with the Catholic faith and the person of Jesus Christ.
o Bold vocabulary words that, when tapped, show the glossary definition
o Hyperlinks to primary sources cited or referenced in the text, including
o Sacred Scripture
o Catechism of the Catholic Church
o Vatican Council II, papal, and bishops’ documents
o Lives of the saints
• Image galleries: usually containing 3 to 5 images. Each image has a caption that explains the image’s origin and/or its connection to the main text. (2-3 image galleries per part)
• Keynote presentations: Apple’s version of PowerPoint; functions largely the same way. Keynote presentations are a maximum of 6 slides and explain or further investigate a term or concept from the main text. (1 Keynote per part)
• Interactive charts, timelines, and maps: either new content or an existing chart/timeline/map from the print book. Can be zoomed in or tapped to show more information. (approx. 1 per part)
• Prayer cubes: each of the 6 sides has a prayer or part of a continuous prayer. The cube can be rotated in all directions and is decorated in brand colors. (2 prayer cubes per section)
• Videos: most are under 6 minutes. Videos explain a key concept in the main text or provide an example of how to live the message contained in the main text. Videos are linked from YouTube and require an internet connection to view. (2 to 3 videos per part)
• Interactive quizzes: At the end of each part there is an 8-question multiple choice quiz that is self-scoring (to give the student immediate feedback). The quizzes have been adapted from those found in the Teacher Guide, Alternate Edition for the print version of the book.
Customer ReviewsSee All
St marys crap
I really thought this book focused too much on the spiritual aspect of scripture when it should have been focused kn both the litteral and no litteral points of view