Everything you need to know about ear, face, and body piercings—from how to find a skilled professional piercer to best practices for safe healing and optimal results.
“As a piercer, nurse, and educator, I can say without a doubt that this is the most complete book ever written for all people in our industry.”—David A. Vidra, founder and president of Health Educators, Inc.
Piercing expert Elayne Angel has performed over 50,000 piercings since the 1980s and has pioneered many placements, including tongue piercing and the triangle, lorum, and other genital piercings. Her authoritative and groundbreaking guidebook has been the definitive resource on body piercing since its publication in 2009.
Many people are unaware of the elevated risks of getting pierced at a mall kiosk, by an untrained tattoo artist, or by a novice piercer; a skilled professional is necessary for safety and optimal results, whether piercing the ear, nose, or elsewhere. This revised and expanded edition is the only comprehensive reference book available to help you navigate the entire piercing process. It contains new illustrations, diagrams, and photos, along with fully updated information, including:
• The best piercings and placements for various body parts and body types
• Terminology, techniques, and tools of the trade
• Vital sterility, sanitation, and hygiene information
• Jewelry designs, sizes, materials, and quality
• Piercing aftercare and troubleshooting advice for successful healing
• How to become a piercer, piercing throughout history and in modern culture, and the future of body piercing
The Piercing Bible, Revised and Expanded, includes essential medical and technical updates, as well as refreshed illustrations and jewelry photography, to reflect today's standards and best practices for safe, professional piercing.