Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don't call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don't stare at hot boss's…um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don't get on the malicious first assistant's bad side.
4. Don't forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half-dressed.
8. Don't break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you’re in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss.
10. Never forget the rules.
Each book in the Rule Breakers series is a standalone, full-length story that can be enjoyed out of order.
Book #1 The Rule Book
Book #2 The Rule Maker
The Rule Book
The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood is book number one in the Rule Breakers series. This is Lainey Taylor and Brogan Starr’s story.
Brogan is CEO of Starr Media where Lainey has been hired as his second-assistant. Brogan has created a rule book that he expects his employees to follow.
Brogan and Lainey are definitely attracted to each other but according to the rule book a relationship is off-limits. Will they be able to follow this rule or give in to the attraction? This book is different and may not be for everyone. But, it was entertaining with some funny and very serious moments even though at time the characters did frustrate me.
The intimate scenes fade out. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
I liked this story a lot. Lainey is so sassy and ballsy. One thing I was disappointed about was that the sex scenes were straight skipped! With how sexy the rest of the book was, I was sorely disappointed when the sex scenes were all but missing. It’s not like this was a PG book. There’s a lot of cussing and sexual terms, so why skip the sex scenes? This book could have been much better if they were not skipped.
PG Romance, yawn.
Really wish I would have read the reviews, too PG. I need some action, all the build up and no delivery. Didn't even finish the book. It had potential.