Since the Industrial Revolution, the idea of “work” has been disconnected from what it means to be human. Even today, many workplaces are missing attributes like relationality, harmony, unity and equality.
What if a more holistic approach—one that embraces each worker as a spiritual being related to every other being—could lead to more satisfying and purposeful work?
Based on her extensive academic and practical experience in culture and learning in the workplace, Marie Gervais, PhD, examines the fascinating relationship between people and work. She combines ancient wisdom, modern science, and real-world examples to share insight on how to develop a soul-sustaining workplace culture.
This book will help you:
• Understand the interconnections between science, business practices and sacred texts as they relate to work
• Build management skills based on what real humans need to succeed and develop at work
• Find practical tools and workplace examples to apply to management as a soul-enhancing journey
• Rethink common but destructive workplace cultural assumptions
• See yourself as a spiritual being with thoughts and actions that have lasting effects
• Feel the power of holistic experience as central to work
The Spirit of Work offers a high-level yet approachable model to rethink how we view and structure work. This is a book for leaders, changemakers, and anyone who yearns to build a humane and sustainable system of work.