Throughout history, great men and women have described exalted experiences of extraordinary wakefulness, freedom, and bliss — as different from our ordinary waking experience as waking is from dreaming. Laozi, Plato, Rūmī, St. Teresa of Avila, Emerson, Emily Dickinson, Black Elk, Einstein — people of all times and places have described experiences that rank among the most inspiring in all of literature.
The Supreme Awakening:
• brings together a rich and diverse collection of these experiences
• explains these experiences in terms of a new, expanded framework of human development — the model of higher states of consciousness developed by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the renowned Indian sage and scientist of consciousness
• shows how anyone can systematically cultivate these experiences through the Transcendental Meditation technique — simply, naturally, and effortlessly
• describes the wide-ranging benefits of cultivating enlightenment by means of the TM technique — inner peace and happiness, improved health, increased creativity and intelligence, improved productivity, and much more — with benefits for education, business, health care, the military, rehabilitation, and society as a whole
• shows that the sublime experiences reported by great people across time are real, universal, understandable in terms of modern science — and now available to anyone.