Teachers give the highest marks to this bestselling classroom management guideâ€”and now itâ€™s better than ever! Developed by Tim Knoster, a behavior expert and former teacher whose in-demand workshops have inspired thousands, this new edition is the friendly how-to book educators need to increase desired behavior in todayâ€™s Kâ€“12 classrooms. The second edition weaves in timely NEW guidance for teachers implementing multi-tiered systems of support in tandem with positive behavior interventions and supports (PBIS), though itâ€™s still a great resource for teachers in more traditional school settings. With the time-efficient, research-based strategiesâ€”relayed with humor and vivid examplesâ€”teachers will unlock the mysteries of student behavior, prevent disruptions to learning, and support better outcomes for every student.
HOW-TO STRATEGIES THAT HELP TEACHERS:
• Successfully use multi-tiered systems of positive behavior support
• Decode the motives behind studentsâ€™ behavior
• Develop rapport with students while maintaining appropriate boundaries
• Establish clear expectations for behavior in the classroom
• Reinforce expected behavior throughout the day with positive supports
• Skillfully redirect inappropriate student behavior
• Apply proven Tier 2 RTI strategies with students who require additional supports
• Use individualized, intensive Tier 3 strategies with students who pose special challenges
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Helpful tip sheets and classroom management tools, including an Expectations Planning Matrix, Behavior Progress Report, Behavior Contract, and more.